Cross-trainers, runners, aerobic shoes — is there really a difference? In a word: yes. Different athletic shoes are designed and made to accommodate different types of activities. That's part of the reason why there are so many sports shoes to choose from.
Watch this video and get great tips on how to spot the right shoe for you, what you need to consider in terms of fit and how to be a smart sports shoe shopper.
Put your shoes to good use
With the right athletic shoe, you may notice a whole new world of fitness.
- Watch Walk this way for instructions on fitness walking
- Watch The right way to run for tips on how to get the most from jogging, and prevent injuries
- Want to start a jogging program? Try our walk/run training guide and build up to a 20-minute jog
- Find great activities for the entire family with our interactive Family Fitness Match Game
- Learn how to set and keep your fitness goals
- Have you strayed from your fitness routine? Get back into it wisely