Here are a few tips:
- Take notes on what the doctor tells you. Don’t be afraid to ask questions if a medical term or recommendation is unclear.
- Discuss the most important matters first.
- Be precise when describing your symptoms. Use descriptive words to convey meaningful information about your symptoms or pain.
- Speak openly about all your concerns. No problem is too embarrassing to discuss with a health care practitioner.
- Ask your doctor and pharmacist for brochures, handouts, or website information that you and your family members can review at home.